I keep hearing that the hot inventing categories are:
Since I’m working on a pet product right now I thought I would share some industry statistics:
- Pet spending has more than doubled from $17 billion in 1994 to a projected $35.9 billion for 2005, positioning the pet industry 60 percent larger than the toy industry ($20 billion) and 33 percent larger than the candy industry ($24 billion)
- Pet ownership is at an all time high, with 63% of all U.S. households owning a pet
- At the present time, it is estimated there are 73.9 million dogs, 90.5 million cats, 139 million freshwater fish and16.6 million birds in the U.S.
- 87% of pet owners reported that their pets are a good source of affection while 82% said having a pet makes them feel safer at home
- Women are the primary purchasers of pet products (78%) and the average age of people most likely to buy pet products is 46 years old
If you are interested in what companies are in this space and you want contact information, please comment on this post and I will send you the information.
If you have a product idea for a pet product and need help, let me know and we will get a NDA signed.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.