Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for InventionAdict.
From time to time we get pitched ideas for post but we are not able to use everything that’s submitted. We may decline to use your post because of its quality, the relevance of your topic, because we have more posts than we can use, or because we’ve published a number of posts on the topic recently.
To help you with your writing, to increase the chances of our being able to use your post, and to help us get your post ready for publishing on InventionAdict, we’ve put together a few guidelines and suggestions for you below.
In short, before you send us your submission, please make sure it:
- conveys quality, practical advice presented with InventionAdict readers in mind
- includes all the information—links, link text, etc.—you want the published version of your post to include
- infringes no copyright laws
- includes a headline, body text, and your byline.
Formatting and markup
Feel free to submit your content in Word or plain text format. It’d be great if you could also follow these points in preparing your post for us.
- Font: please do not use bold font in your post’s prose.
- Subheadings: wrap any subheadings in your post in <h2> tags, or simply bold them so they stand out.
- Links: if you want to mark up a link and link text using HTML, by all means do so. Otherwise, include the URL in brackets within the prose, immediately after the text you’d like to use as the link text. We don’t publish affiliate links in guest posts; please do not include them.
- Images: make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts. We can’t use images that are wider than 500px. We do not publish author headshots, so please don’t send them to us.
Please do include everything you want to have published with your post in your submission. If you want to include links, paste them in the spot where you want them to go. If you want to use particular link text, tell us. Don’t assume we’ll know what information you want, and where: tell us clearly.
A note on links to your own blog…
If it’s relevant to the topic you’re writing about, you’re welcome to link back to your blog within the post. Keep in mind that this relevancy is very important. If we feel your post includes too many links back to your own blog, we may remove them, or reject the post. A high-quality, helpful post will get people checking out who you are more effectively than will lots of links back to your blog.
All posts that appear on InventionAdict are edited. We rarely edit them heavily, but we will change titles, rework openings or conclusions, or correct grammar and spelling.
Don’t be offended by this—we’re just trying to make every post we publish as successful as possible. We also know what generally works well with the InventionAdict audience.
Occasionally, we’ll send a post back to you with suggested additions, omissions, or changes. This generally suggests we feel the post could be further enhanced in ways that go beyond some basic editing.
Our hope is that we get a post that hits the mark with the readership—that’s good for you as the author, good for InventionAdict readership, and good for the blog as a whole.
You’ve worked to give us great content, so let us help you promote you. We want to highlight you, your blog, or any product or service that you have to offer. This is largely done in your byline.
Bylines should be a sentence or two explaining who you are and what you do. Feel free to include up to two links in it. Some guests include a link to an RSS feed here, which can convert well. Your byline will appear at the bottom of your post, but we’ll also write a short introductory sentence that will include your main link, and will appear at the top of the post.
Thanks for your involvement with InventionAdict.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.